Friday, July 18, 2008

A change of pace

They say change is good, but its not always good feeling! I am dealing with that now. For 10 years I have been caring for my aging Mom at home..and enjoying it most of the time. However, her health has declined to a point where I have to consider putting her into a boarding home. Its not an easy choice to make. I would like to be able to keep her here but I am not physically able to care for her anymore and I want her to have the best care possible. She is a part of this decision and she says she doesn't want to go ( of course) but she knows its the right thing to do. That only makes me feel guilty, as a daughter, not to be able to give her all she needs. Have any of you dealt with this? Its sure occupying much of my time just thinking "what if".......

No comments: